Chairs & Academic Administrators Management Program
A program specifically designed for:
- A new administrator who needs to learn more about academic and human resource management
- An experienced leader who wants the latest, best practices
- A faculty member who's considering the next step in an academic career
Department chairs and academic administrators within colleges and schools of the health professions are faced with a unique set of challenges and opportunities. In addition to needing to be facile with strategies for planning, organizational leadership, resource and personnel management, and effective communication, they must address issues that require specific skills within the contexts of health care, higher education, science, and politics. These leaders must:
- manage multiple faculty models (e.g., clinician-educator, clinician-researcher, researcher-educator), be able to apply the accompanying myriad evaluation criteria, and nurture the careers of faculty members with diverse abilities and goals;
- oversee academic programs that integrate didactic and experiential teaching and learning to a degree not seen in many other academic programs;
- navigate the contemporary environment for clinical science and scholarship; and
- interact with individuals above them and below them in complex organizational structures.
The Chairs and Academic Administrators Management Program (CAAMP) is a 3-day workshop designed to give these uniquely positioned managers and leaders the skills and confidence to balance competing demands and priorities and manage diverse programs and people.