Certificate in Dental Education
Choosing to complete only the initial 6 academic credits earns you the Certificate in Dental Education. The curriculum is taught entirely online in January–March of each year and includes the following topics:
- Creating a philosophy of teaching
- Instructional design and development
- Accountability in predoctoral and postdoctoral dental education
- Academic portfolio design and creation
Those who select this option can register for the Master’s Degree in Dental Education program within seven years in order to complete the Master’s curriculum.
Prerequisites for the Master’s Degree in Dental Education:
- Completion of the ADEA/AAL Institute for Teaching and Learning (ITL) in any year since 2006.
- Registration on AAL’s website by November 15, 2013.
- Acceptance into the University of the Pacific, Benerd School of Education graduate program. The deadline to submit application materials is December 6, 2013.
The stand-alone Certificate in Dental Education tuition is $6,500.
AAL offers a 3-month payment plan.